Monday, August 4, 2008

Thing #23

Wow, my favorite items on this journey? I think that would be the image makers, Rollyo, and learning about how to create wikis, and podcasts. My lifelong learning goals were changed because I now feel the pressures of keeping up with the fast paced technological advances of today and the future. I had no idea there were so many things out there available to students to work (and play) with to help them learn and succeed in the classroom. When I realized all of the fun activities I could have been doing, it makes me sad for the children who missed those opportunities. I now feel the need to pass this and any new information on to future teachers so that other students do not miss out on this and any other new information. I think almost the whole staff development was new to me. The only thing I had worked with before was Del.icio.us, blogs, YouTube/TeacherTube (although not how to embed them) and a few of the image makers. You all have taught me an arsenal of new things to take back and share this next school year. I think the program was terrific and would like to know if you all grant permission for us to use this site/idea for our own faculty. The only problem I encountered was trying to get everything done before the end of the semester with the other items we had to complete for the class. If another class such as this was offered I would DEFINITELY want to participate! In six words, I would describe my experience as, “An amazing 21st century educational experience!” Thank you!!

Make your own free clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com with free web based tools (hundreds of image generators that run through a web broswer, no software to buy or install).
Made with free image tools @ TXT2PIC.com

1 comment:

VWB said...

yes, summer sessions are tough, but congratulations on reaching your goal with this part!