Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing #19

I think the award list is a terrific idea! It gives teachers and librarians a place to go to find some of the best Web2.0 sites. For those who don't know where to start, this is an easy to read chart with a huge amount of well organized resources. One of the areas I looked at was Homecoming Events and Things to Do (http://upcoming.yahoo.com/ ). This could be helpful to a school to post important events that will be occurring at their school, perhaps a carnival, book fair, etc. Not only would word be spread through their school website (assuming they have one!), now it'd be in another area, too. I found out a lot of neat things are happening in Houston that I didn't know about. It gives you places and times! I wish I had known about this at the beginning of the summer with my kids...we would have been able to do a lot of neat things.
Also, as a personal site, if you love to listen to music, but get tired of flipping through radio stations check out Pandora (
http://www.pandora.com/) . It's really neat!

No comments: