Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #12

The two items I thought were important were (1) to make sure you understand the post before responding to it and (2) to be polite when responding. Often times, people comment on posts incorrectly after misreading what was originally written. This not only confuses the issues, but wastes the time of the readers. It is also very important that when responding to posts that it is done so in a polite way. If you want your opinions to be read you should approach it in a professional manner. Blogs are areas where people can trade information....no one wants to "talk" to someone who is disrespectful and rude.
I added two blogs to my Google Reader. They were the NASCAR blog and Along Came An Angel. I chose them for obviously two different reasons. I picked the NASCAR one, because for a large portion of the season the races are only televised on cable. We do not have cable television and therefore, I miss a lot of the action that occurs throughout the season. (Which drives--no pun intended-- me INSANE by the way!!!) By following a blog, I can get updates of what occurs during the races that week, information on the racers, and other important information. I picked the Along Came An Angel blog because it gives stories of what people believe to be life altering encounters with angels. In days filled with craziness, depressing stories on the news, and negativity among people, it's nice to read a story that you know is going to have a positive, happy ending no matter what the forces at play were or what your beliefs are. In the end you know there is a family that has their loved one with them and the negativity of the day evaporates the more you surround yourself with the positive (people, thoughts, and/or ideas).
(If you did not see the special last night "The Last Lecture" I recommend you try to see if anyone has it....talk about a positive person!)

No comments: