Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #11

I enjoyed LibraryThing. I think it would be useful in getting ideas from other people on books I am thinking about ordering for the library. I could also use it to build a list of books I would like to order in the future based off of needs assessments and student/teacher recommendations. I like that the pictures of the books are available to see as well. Another item I really liked about the site was that you could look the author up and it provided the list of books by that author, complete with the titles and pictures. This helps when ordering a book out of magazines to know that you are getting the right edition or book. The group section was also neat, however, I did not find it personally as useful as the rest of the site. Below are a couple of the books that I put on LibraryThing. If you have not read a Scaredy Squirrel book by Melanie Watt, go pick one up....they are so funny and the kids love them!!

No comments: